COVID - 19
Our world has been greatly impacted by COVID-19 and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. We would like to update you on additional safety measures being implemented in our dental practice for both your safety and our staff's. Rest assured, we have always maintained rigorous compliance to the highest standard, following the guidelines of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Many safety measures will be readily apparent, as our office will look different from your last visit, while other precautions are taking place behind the scenes to protect you and your family as well as us.
The changes made in our office are:
- Our office will communicate with you at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment with COVID-19 screening questions through email, phone or text.
- You will need to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire and consent form along with your health history and insurance update before you come into the office. Please bring your own pen to fill out the paperwork. This measure will help to reduce the number of items you touch during your visit.
- Please call or text to inform us that you have arrived for your appointment. We ask that you remain in your car or outside of our office until a member of our staff communicate that we are ready to see you.
- In order to adhere to the Governor's mandate to social distance, we request that only one parent and the scheduled child come to the appointment if possible.
- Wearing your own face mask or covering in our office will be required except for children under the age of 2 years.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the office for your use.
- Temperature and oxygen level will be taken for all doctors, staff, patients and parents and recorded upon entering the office.
- Plexiglass screens have been installed at the front desk.
- Our waiting room is unavailable for seating, and all magazines and toys have been removed.
- Our doctors and staff may be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) depending on the procedures being performed.
- On your billing statement, you will notice an additional charge of $12.00 (which is subject to change). This fee is for PPE (personal protection equipment). The ADA's code (D1999) requires all dental staff to wear PPE during this time. Some dental insurances will provide coverage for this. If your insurance provider does not cover the PPE costs, or you do not have dental insurance, you will be required to pay at the time of service.
- Please consider dressing in layers (ex. your own coat and/or blanket) when you visit us as the office will be kept at a cooler temperature.
- There will be revisions in how we schedule your appointment to allow for social distancing.
- We installed air purification system throughout the entire office, which is designed to kill viruses, bacteria and mold in the air.
Please help us by following instructions you will be given prior to your appointment. We feel privileged to provide care for you and your family and we take this privilege very seriously. Please know that your safety and the safety of our staff is a top priority for us. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. You may call or email us to make an appointment and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Due to the recent COVID-19 concern, we want to assure everyone about how we sanitize our office, we follow all universal precautions.
- We are making sure our staff is not sick and get their temp checked 3 times a day. We also check pulse and oxygen levels.
- Everyone is the office must wear a mask and keep a safe distance.
- Our waiting room is closed to prevent contact with covid.
- We take patient temp and oxygen level upon arrival.
- We ask patients to stay in their cars upon arrival until they are instructed to enter via text or call.
- Have cut down our patient daily intake to have time to clean and sanitize each room between patients.
- We do a phone or email Covid- 19 Screening questionnaire.
- We have sanitizing designated areas.
You can be rest assured we are following all the appropriate guidelines regarding cleanliness and disinfection of our entire office and instruments. We do ask if you are ill to please cancel your appointment and follow your doctor's orders and please keep us updated of any diagnosis you have so we can protect our staff and other patients.
If you have traveled to a location (international or local) where cases of COVID-19 has a high risk of community transmission, please call us to determine if you should keep your appointment.
Thank you for understanding and we assure you we are doing everything we can to make sure our office is safe for all.